Thursday, November 20, 2008

south africa

howdy y'all!
so i'm in south africa.
And I've been going to backpackers (hostels) as they're called here. Actually I don't necessarily go to see a certain sight or certain city; I travel to different places because they have nice hostels. So, in terms of getting to know a country, I see a relatively small amount - but it's nice. For example, right now I'm staying in a town called hogsback, which is in the mountains along the wild coast. This is apparently where J.R.R. Tolkien lived for some time and was inspired to write the hobbit. Much of the land in the area is pine plantations, but there's still some old indigenous forest that is quite mysterious and beautiful. The area has 5 waterfalls and a really big tree and a treehouse 40 feet in the air.

No comments: