Sunday, January 11, 2009

A side note of note

So my original posts were dark, heated and angry. During the majority of my travels in Eastern/Southern Africa I was taking Mefloquine. I checked on WebMD and they described some of the symptoms as follows:

In some people, mefloquine may rarely cause more serious side effects, such as depression, anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations, confusion, and psychotic behavior. Mefloquine has also been associated with tremor, mood changes, and panic attacks. If you have a history of depression or other psychological conditions, mefloquine may not be right for you. If you take mefloquine and develop anxiety, depression, restlessness, or confusion, contact your doctor immediately, because you may need to stop taking mefloquine and try a different medication.

So, can I blame all the bad moods and lack of compassion and outright anger on the pills I took once a week?
I think I can.
Happy Holidays!

No comments: